Thursday 21 November 2013

Put your Faith into Action

"I was on the beach with my family when I saw a group of people gathered together in the sea. There was a girl encircled by three elders (by their looks and appearances) and after a couple of minutes, she was immersed in the water for a second. As she was lifted up to grasp some air, the people around were clapping their hands and uttered some words that at that time I did not look a second to understand".

I ask my Mom what they were doing and she told me, some religious practices of Born Again Christians and they were baptizing each person, symbolized their change of belief and membership in the church. She also added, not to attend on such practices and to avoid them as much as I could (Without knowing that I would become one of them). In my curiosity, I did not bother to ask her furthermore as to why, who and what they believed. All my questions and words that left unspoken was answered little by little as I walk in to the path of what we called LIFE. Perhaps, it is God's given destiny that I will know Him by my own free will. Not by an influenced of a church member/denominations, a priests, pastors, friends, family members, boyfriend, but my own self. I seek His face. I seek Him with all my heart in times, when darkness overshadowed me. 

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart" Jeremiah 29:13


Now that I found and knew Jesus Christ, by the wisdom and understanding that only God the father showed to those who love and truly seek Him, I decided to give up everything and follow my Lord. I give up my old self and that includes my sinful nature and have decided to be BORN AGAIN. I raised my faith supernaturally and put it into action by obeying God's command and that is to be Baptized by water. I can boldly say, its God's command and It was in TFJ's faith house when God revealed it to me. Even from the very start I confessed my faith, I already planned for baptism but the vision God gave me was clearly showed how important for a believer to be baptized. When God tells you to do something, DO IT. Every steps we take are ordered by God and I know I'm one step ahead of you. 

Many of my friends or even a lot of people would probably asked why do Christians need to be baptized in water?or re-baptized if they already was (as infants) or what's the point of being immersed in the water if you already knew and believed in God and accepted Him as your lord and savior? Simple. Again Obedience. Jesus Christ set an example to us and to the world  by being baptized even though He was without sin. It is the first phase every believer should do to fulfill all righteousness, to be born again (Matt 3:13-17 about baptism of Jesus Christ).  Water baptism symbolizes new birth. The death of a person's sinful life and the rebirth of spiritual life. It also symbolizes Christ's death and resurrection. As it is written:


Romans 6:3-6
Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin

I put my faith in action. I admit that I am a sinner and by the Grace of God, I am forgiven. Nobody forced me to be baptized, and it was clear to me that baptism in water is not for membership in any congregation or church contrary to my previous perception. I, willingly offered my life to the lamb who once took His life for me. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me(Gal 2:20). Therefore, I am a new creation. The old self has gone and the new is here (2 Cor 5:17). I am BORN AGAIN. 



On my previous blog, I declare that God will do something to me supernaturally and there must be 
a big and significant reason as to why I am here in Dibba. Aside from oceans are close to my heart, It is where I was baptized and my God's given destiny was fulfilled. 

I choose to be baptized early morning as the sun rises symbolizes new day and new beginning. I thank the Lord God, for giving me a family in Christ (my beloved CSC) who was there and are witnessed to my undying faith and love to the Lord. As I was being immersed in the water, I only felt one thing: Satisfied. I know I obey the Lord and I did what exactly he wants me to be done.




This is my covenant with Jesus Christ: 

I believe and accept you, Lord as my personal Savior

I will take up my own cross and I will follow you...

I, Haneylyn Q. Pace, declaring that I belong to Jesus Christ and You, Satan has no longer power over me.


Shalom!


 Obedience brings blessing
(Play me)

No comments:

Post a Comment