Thursday 6 February 2014

The Perks of being single




I'm happily single and proudly survive my "not in a relationship status" for a year and half now. What's good about being single is that you get the chance to try exciting new things, have more quality time for yourself without worrying what your partner would think of you and your out of this world ideas, meeting different people (boys and girls) not ended up with nonsense quarrels when caught by your  partner talking with someone else (Jealousy,a common problem of many couples).

Though I have to admit, being a single among lovers is depressing but its normal feeling and I get used to it. As you aged, you mature enough to wait for the right person that God wants you to have in His own perfect time and patience is the key here. While waiting, enjoy His love and grace and do things that only pleases Him.

My Dubai trip now is another chance for me to spend time alone, fulfilling my dream of travelling solo and experiencing things I've never done my whole life. Quite interesting and challenging even, asking for random people to take you a photo. Finding locations with the help of google map, asking for directions to the people you've encounter along the way and the never ending walking and walking. Plus, you can make friends with fellow travelers as well. I'm looking forward for future travels.

The perk is the relationship with my Creator. I have more quality time with Him now, knowing Him intimately and serving Him alone. I like when apostle Paul said in one of His letters concerning singleness. It is much happier to live and remain single because those who marry will face many troubles in this life which I totally agree. It is true from the word of God. However, if you cannot control your passion might as well get married for it is better than to be burned with lust. In addition what concerns unmarried is how to please the Lord while those married has divided devotion between His/her love for their partners/children and the Lord.

I believe we all have our own God-given destiny. If God's will for you, remain single or have a happy married life. The most important thing a Christ follower must remember is 2 Cor 6:14, "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers". And always abide in the love of God.

As of now, I am happily single and by the grace of God I will meet my man in the midst of my random travels.





No comments:

Post a Comment