Friday 23 August 2013

#Throwback: My Journey to Kish Part 2

Kish Island is located in the Persian Gulf 19 kms from mainland Iran. Yes, it is part of Iran and it has become one of the most popular destination among filipinos and other nationalities port of exit while waiting for their new visas whether it is employment, husband/wife,investors,family, and tourist. The thing is, whether you like it or not you don't have a choice but to go there because it is required by the government of UAE (exit stamp) unless you have all the riches to go to some other places or go back to your own country like Philippines. When they say "Kish" always we hear negative feedback from all filipinos who have had bad experiences during their stay in the said Island. There's a hear-say about a girl locked herself inside the cabinet while taking her own life, kidnappings esp if your alone at night, rape cases, suicidal cases, horror stories,deportation issues,prostitution, drugs, and many more.Honestly, My first choice was to exit in Singapore and wait there perhaps 10 days for my visa but gladly I went to kish cause the suppose 10days waiting was extended up to 62 days.

My decision wasn't really mine I believe. It came from above when a small voice whispered to me "KISH". I really don't wanna go to Iran for the reason that if I have an exit stamp from that country I won't probably qualified to apply in the states(USA). I have an American dream since college and I don't want to mess up that dream. However, I also think that perhaps its all part of God's plan for me. I may not understand it very well and comprehend all that have happened but with the trust I have with God everything will work according to what He has in store for me. Jer.29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares The Lord, "plans to prosper you an not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". Indeed, my journey to the Island is not by accident but by fate and purpose. It is He who directs my path and it is He who choose me to be his servant in a place where I least expected, a Muslim country.

Kish Island is not bad at all. It's so wonderful and there's a lot of things you can do aside from hiding in the four corners of your room for the fear of unknown. Yes, there's reality with those stories of killings and all but if your with God, who can be against us?

Beach side near Farabi Hotel


My first 20 days in Kish was all spent in nonsense activities like watching movies,biking,window shopping,eating with new found friends with gazillion stories of embarrassing moments. At first, I was happy and positive until I started to feel anxious regarding my visa perhaps due to negative stories I heard with my room mates. But with constant prayer, God did not allow me to feel alone. I met a few good friends purely Christ believer and we started having small sharing inside our room, in the beach side and anywhere when there's opportunity. One day someone posted at the back of our door "Kish Fellowship schedule of services".Yes!for the first time I attended their service in zaffran restaurant and what happened next was unforgettable. God's perfect plan indeed.
(Biking,gala,shisha are few things I did to enjoy my stay in Kish)

(Luto luto din pag may time @ tabing dagat)

(Before attending Kish fellowship..We already formed a small group sharing about God's Kingdom with Kuya Manny. One of my memorable days with good and positive people.)


-AFTER 20 DAYS-

I would like to thank Kish fellowship that I have become part of this group. I learned so much from all the Pastors I've met and to my brothers and sisters who have become my strength and inspiration to serve The Lord. The dedication they had with Christ was so contagious.

with our Pastors L to R ( Pastor Ron, Pastor Rob, Bro Matt, Pastor Ruther, Pastor Elmer, Pastor Ramil, Pastor Mike, and Pastor Melvin)


After our service in Zaffran Restaurant
(Di kami mahilig sa picture taking)

My Brothers and Sisters in Christ

Obedience is better than sacrifice. I obeyed the Lord when He calls me despite of so many rocks I encountered all throughout. God's mercy and protection has been always with me since then. 

Thank you Lord... When I trust you, you never let me down. When I went to Kish I know i have obeyed you and now comes the greatest faith I have in you.

"Obey"

1 comment: