Thursday 29 August 2013

#Throwback: My Journey to Kish Part 3

Two years back, I faced a vast change on my spiritual life. I have become cold and distant to my used belief and begun to question my religion. I was confused about my faith and started to doubt whose God is real. Doubt that prompted me to deny Jesus as the Christ, Lord and Savior. Soon after, I became like a little flower slowly withered. My life seemed like a roller coaster ride.

In the depths of my heart, I know something is missing. I believe there is one true God who created all things,heaven and earth.  However, I don't know who He really was. Although I'm going to church attending mass every Sunday but there's no personal relationship.

I want to know the truth. I was hungry for it. I seek for it. I was praying for it.


 Matthew 7:7-8 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek,and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, andto him who knocks it will be opened”.

 Since then, God moved mightily in my life. I remember it was my last day of work in EIH (January 3rd of this year) when my Indian colleague shared to me the Gospel of Salvation. It was the first time I heard about it and left me a question that stunned me for a moment, “Do you want to accept Jesus? For a minute, I think about all the storms I have encountered in all aspects (emotionally, financially, physically,mentally and spiritually) beginning January 2011.   I do want to have God in my life. I want to live in peace, love, harmony, calm, stress free life. If only God can give it to me then who am I to say no to Him?. I said yes and she offers me a prayer.Later, she endorsed me to another colleague and I started attending Christian fellowship thereafter.

God’s mighty work didn't stop there. Along run I still confronted with so many trials. But this time I have this confidence that I can surpass through it all. The moment I accepted Jesus in my life, He already lives in me. No matter how big my problem was present at that time, it’s no match for the power of Almighty God. My sincere friends kept on bombarding me and are the ones who were very upset with my situation. I was just calm and confident though a little anxious for what’s going to happen but I kept still.

Finally, the time came when I needed to follow my God's command. By His will, I went to the Beautiful Kish Island and have become true follower of Jesus Christ. By the grace of God, I have changed. Before I denied Him but now I'm helping proclaiming the gospel for the glory of His name.

1 Cor. 1:9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.  
( Thank you Lord that I have become part of your fellowship and to Pastor Ramil who influenced me to join the group.God knows your heart Pastor and no matter what they say about you. It is not for them to condemn but God alone.)

Rom. 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.


( with my co Heirs with Christ and my first ever assigned work to do: WORD OF GOD)


Psalms 23


The Lord is my shepherd;

I shall not want.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures;

He leads me beside the still waters.

He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil;

For You are with me;

Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;

You anoint my head with oil;

My cup runs over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me

All the days of my life;

And I will dwell[a] in the house of the Lord
Forever.



 In Zaffran Restaurant after service



RANDOM PHOTO MEMORIES

the first outdoor fellowship I attended with Pastor Robert

Our usual activity after morning devotion. Picture taking with Pastor Ron.

This photo made me to dream of going to Africa and do missionary works.

Sister Linda and some old guy who was constantly attending our services in Khatam Hotel.
Sister Linda is one of the most powerful preacher during our time in Kish. I asked her once to preach in Khatam and before I left I convinced her again to preach in Zaffran Restaurant.



Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.- Martin Luther
Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. God is bigger than my problems. I already planted a seed of faith in my heart. A seed that even as a small as mustard, can overcome my entire adversary. 


"FAITH"

No comments:

Post a Comment